WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. extraordinary (vs. ordinary), bonzer, exceeding, exceptional, olympian, prodigious, surpassing, extraordinaire(postnominal), fantastic, grand, howling(prenominal), marvelous, marvellous, rattling(prenominal), terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous, phenomenal, frightful, terrible, awful, tremendous, great, one(prenominal), preternatural, uncanny, pyrotechnic, rare, uncommon, remarkable, singular, some, special, wonderworking, incomparable#1, uncomparable, uncommon, unusual, superior, impressive
- usage: beyond what is ordinary or usual; highly unusual or exceptional or remarkable; "extraordinary authority"; "an extraordinary achievement"; "her extraordinary beauty"; "enjoyed extraordinary popularity"; "an extraordinary capacity for work"; "an extraordinary session of the legislature"
- 2. extraordinary, over-the-top, sinful, immoderate (vs. moderate)
- usage: far more than usual or expected; "an extraordinary desire for approval"; "it was an over-the-top experience"
- 3. extraordinary(predicate), unusual (vs. usual)
- usage: (of an official) serving an unusual or special function in addition to those of the regular officials; "an ambassador extraordinary"
All rights reserved.
See also: extraordinary (Dictionary)