Synonyms of fall back
- 1. disengagement, fallback, pullout, retreat
- usage: to break off a military action with an enemy
- 1. fall back, lean back, recline
- usage: fall backwards and down
- 2. lag, dawdle, fall back, fall behind, follow
- usage: hang (back) or fall (behind) in movement, progress, development, etc.
- 3. fall back, withdraw, retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull back, retire, move back
- usage: move back and away from; "The enemy fell back"
- 4. fall back, lose, drop off, fall behind, recede, regress, retrograde, retrogress
- usage: retreat
- 5. fall back, resort, recur, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: have recourse to; "The government resorted to rationing meat"
- 6. relapse, lapse, recidivate, regress, retrogress, fall back, revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn back
- usage: go back to bad behavior; "Those who recidivate are often minor criminals"
All rights reserved.