- 1. fallow, cultivated land, farmland, plowland, ploughland, tilled land, tillage, tilth
- usage: cultivated land that is not seeded for one or more growing seasons
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fallow, unplowed (vs. plowed), unploughed, unbroken
- usage: left unplowed and unseeded during a growing season; "fallow farmland"
- 2. fallow, unexploited (vs. exploited), undeveloped
- usage: undeveloped but potentially useful; "a fallow gold market"
All rights reserved.
See also: fallow (Dictionary)