Synonyms of fancy
- 1. illusion, fantasy, phantasy, fancy, misconception
- usage: something many people believe that is false; "they have the illusion that I am very wealthy"
- 2. fancy, imagination, imaginativeness, vision
- usage: a kind of imagination that was held by Coleridge to be more casual and superficial than true imagination
- 3. fondness, fancy, partiality, liking
- usage: a predisposition to like something; "he had a fondness for whiskey"
- 1. visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, picture, image, imagine, conceive of, ideate, envisage
- usage: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
- 2. fancy, go for, take to, desire, want
- usage: have a fancy or particular liking or desire for; "She fancied a necklace that she had seen in the jeweler's window"
- 1. fancy (vs. plain), aureate, florid, flamboyant, baroque, churrigueresque, churrigueresco, busy, fussy, dressy, crackle, damascene, damask, elaborate, luxuriant, embattled, battlemented, castled, castellated, fanciful, fantastic, lacy, lacelike, puff, puffed, rococo, vermicular, vermiculate, vermiculated, adorned#1, decorated, rhetorical
- usage: not plain; decorative or ornamented; "fancy handwriting"; "fancy clothes"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fancy (Dictionary)