- 1. farm, workplace, work
- usage: workplace consisting of farm buildings and cultivated land as a unit; "it takes several people to work the farm"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. farm, work, do work
- usage: be a farmer; work as a farmer; "My son is farming in California"
- 2. farm, collect, take in
- usage: collect fees or profits
- 3. grow, raise, farm, produce, cultivate
- usage: cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques; "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"; "They produce good ham in Parma"; "We grow wheat here"; "We raise hogs here"
All rights reserved.
See also: farm (Dictionary)