WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fashionable (vs. unfashionable), stylish, latest, a la mode(predicate), in style(predicate), in vogue(predicate), modish, cool, dapper, dashing, jaunty, natty, raffish, rakish, spiffy, snappy, spruce, faddish, faddy, groovy, swagger, in, up-to-date, cutting-edge, with-it, mod, modern, modernistic, old-time, quaint, olde worlde, swank, swanky, trendsetting, trend-setting, trendy, voguish
- usage: being or in accordance with current social fashions; "fashionable clothing"; "the fashionable side of town"; "a fashionable cafe"
- 2. stylish (vs. styleless), fashionable, chic, smart, voguish, chichi, classy, posh, swish, snazzy
- usage: having elegance or taste or refinement in manners or dress; "a little less posh but every bit as stylish as Lord Peter Wimsey"; "the stylish resort of Gstadd"
- 3. fashionable, popular (vs. unpopular)
- usage: patronized by
All rights reserved.
See also: fashionable (Dictionary)