Synonyms of fatigue
- 1. fatigue, weariness, tiredness, temporary state
- usage: temporary loss of strength and energy resulting from hard physical or mental work; "he was hospitalized for extreme fatigue"; "growing fatigue was apparent from the decline in the execution of their athletic skills"; "weariness overcame her after twelve hours and she fell asleep"
- 2. fatigue, failing, weakness
- usage: used of materials (especially metals) in a weakened state caused by long stress; "metal fatigue"
- 3. fatigue, boredom, ennui, tedium
- usage: (always used with a modifier) boredom resulting from overexposure to something; "he was suffering from museum fatigue"; "after watching TV with her husband she had a bad case of football fatigue"; "the American public is experiencing scandal fatigue"; "political fatigue"
- 4. fatigue duty, fatigue, assignment, duty assignment
- usage: labor of a nonmilitary kind done by soldiers (cleaning or digging or draining or so on); "the soldiers were put on fatigue to teach them a lesson"; "they were assigned to kitchen fatigues"
- 1. tire, pall, weary, fatigue, jade, devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- usage: lose interest or become bored with something or somebody; "I'm so tired of your mother and her complaints about my food"
- 2. tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag, fatigue, indispose
- usage: exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fatigue (Dictionary)