Synonyms of featherbedding
- 1. featherbedding, practice, pattern
- usage: the practice (usually by a labor union) of requiring an employer to hire more workers than are required
- 1. pamper, featherbed, cosset, cocker, baby, coddle, mollycoddle, spoil, indulge, treat, handle, do by
- usage: treat with excessive indulgence; "grandparents often pamper the children"; "Let's not mollycoddle our students!"
- 2. featherbed, hire, engage, employ
- usage: hire more workers than are necessary
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of featherbedding (Dictionary)