- 1. Federal, Fed, federal official, agent, federal agent
- usage: any federal law-enforcement officer
- 2. Federal Reserve System, Federal Reserve, Fed, FRS, central bank
- usage: the central bank of the United States; incorporates 12 Federal Reserve branch banks and all national banks and state-chartered commercial banks and some trust companies; "the Fed seeks to control the United States economy by raising and lowering short-term interest rates and the money supply"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. feed, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide as food; "Feed the guests the nuts"
- 2. feed, give, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: give food to; "Feed the starving children in India"; "don't give the child this tough meat"
- 3. feed, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: feed into; supply; "Her success feeds her vanity"
- 4. feed, feed in, insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce
- usage: introduce continuously; "feed carrots into a food processor"
- 5. feed, promote, advance, boost, further, encourage
- usage: support or promote; "His admiration fed her vanity"
- 6. feed, eat, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: take in food; used of animals only; "This dog doesn't eat certain kinds of meat"; "What do whales eat?"
- 7. feed, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: serve as food for; be the food for; "This dish feeds six"
- 8. run, flow, feed, course, move
- usage: move along, of liquids; "Water flowed into the cave"; "the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
- 9. prey, feed, exploit, work
- usage: profit from in an exploitatory manner; "He feeds on her insecurity"
- 10. feed, feast, regale, treat
- usage: gratify; "feed one's eyes on a gorgeous view"
- 11. fertilize, fertilise, feed, enrich
- usage: provide with fertilizers or add nutrients to; "We should fertilize soil if we want to grow healthy plants"
All rights reserved.
See also: fed (Dictionary)