- 1. feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
- 2. simulate, assume, sham, feign, dissemble, pretend, act
- usage: make a pretence of; "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. feigned, insincere (vs. sincere)
- usage: not genuine; "feigned sympathy"
All rights reserved.
See also: feigned (Dictionary)