Synonyms of fellow
- 1. chap, fellow, feller, fella, lad, gent, blighter, cuss, bloke, male, male person
- usage: a boy or man; "that chap is your host"; "there's a fellow at the door"; "he's a likable cuss"; "he's a good bloke"
- 2. companion, comrade, fellow, familiar, associate, friend
- usage: a friend who is frequently in the company of another; "drinking companions"; "comrades in arms"
- 3. colleague, confrere, fellow, associate
- usage: a person who is member of one's class or profession; "the surgeon consulted his colleagues"; "he sent e-mail to his fellow hackers"
- 4. mate, fellow, singleton
- usage: one of a pair; "he lost the mate to his shoe"; "one eye was blue but its fellow was brown"
- 5. fellow, member, fellow member
- usage: a member of a learned society; "he was elected a fellow of the American Physiological Association"
- 6. fellow, dude, buster, man, adult male
- usage: an informal form of address for a man; "Say, fellow, what are you doing?"; "Hey buster, what's up?"
- 7. boyfriend, fellow, beau, swain, young man, man, adult male, lover
- usage: a man who is the lover of a girl or young woman; "if I'd known he was her boyfriend I wouldn't have asked"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fellow (Dictionary)