- 1. fence, fencing, barrier
- usage: a barrier that serves to enclose an area
- 2. fence, trader, bargainer, dealer, monger
- usage: a dealer in stolen property
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fence, fence in, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose with a fence; "we fenced in our yard"
- 2. fence, receive, have
- usage: receive stolen goods
- 3. fence, contend, fight, struggle
- usage: fight with fencing swords
- 4. wall, palisade, fence, fence in, surround, protect
- usage: surround with a wall in order to fortify
- 5. argue, contend, debate, fence, converse, discourse
- usage: have an argument about something
All rights reserved.
See also: fence (Dictionary)