- 1. festoon, curtain, drape, drapery, mantle, pall
- usage: a curtain of fabric draped and bound at intervals to form graceful curves
- 2. festoon, embellishment
- usage: an embellishment consisting of a decorative representation of a string of flowers suspended between two points; used on pottery or in architectural work
- 3. festoon, festoonery, flower chain
- usage: flower chains suspended in curves between points as a decoration
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. festoon, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with strings of flowers; "The public buildings were festooned for the holiday"
All rights reserved.
See also: festoon (Dictionary)