Synonyms of file
- 1. file, data file, record
- usage: a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
- 2. file, single file, Indian file, line
- usage: a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
- 3. file, file cabinet, filing cabinet, office furniture
- usage: office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order
- 4. file, hand tool
- usage: a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces; used for smoothing wood or metal
- 1. file, register, register
- usage: record in a public office or in a court of law; "file for divorce"; "file a complaint"
- 2. file, smooth, smoothen
- usage: smooth with a file; "file one's fingernails"
- 3. file, march, process
- usage: proceed in line; "The students filed into the classroom"
- 4. charge, lodge, file, accuse, impeach, incriminate, criminate
- usage: file a formal charge against; "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
- 5. file, file away, record, enter, put down
- usage: place in a container for keeping records; "File these bills, please"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of file (Dictionary)