Synonyms of filing
- 1. filing, submission, entry
- usage: the entering of a legal document into the public record; "he filed a complaint"; "he filed his tax return"
- 2. filing, fragment
- usage: a fragment rubbed off by the use of a file
- 3. filing, formation, shaping
- usage: the act of using a file (as in shaping or smoothing an object)
- 4. filing, storage
- usage: preservation and methodical arrangement as of documents and papers etc.; "I have some filing to do"
- 1. file, register, register
- usage: record in a public office or in a court of law; "file for divorce"; "file a complaint"
- 2. file, smooth, smoothen
- usage: smooth with a file; "file one's fingernails"
- 3. file, march, process
- usage: proceed in line; "The students filed into the classroom"
- 4. charge, lodge, file, accuse, impeach, incriminate, criminate
- usage: file a formal charge against; "The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
- 5. file, file away, record, enter, put down
- usage: place in a container for keeping records; "File these bills, please"
All rights reserved.