Synonyms of fill
- 1. fill, enough, sufficiency
- usage: a quantity sufficient to satisfy; "he ate his fill of potatoes"; "she had heard her fill of gossip"
- 2. filling, fill, material, stuff
- usage: any material that fills a space or container; "there was not enough fill for the trench"
- 1. fill, fill up, make full, change, alter, modify
- usage: make full, also in a metaphorical sense; "fill a container"; "fill the child with pride"
- 2. fill, fill up, change state, turn
- usage: become full; "The pool slowly filled with water"; "The theater filled up slowly"
- 3. occupy, fill, be
- usage: occupy the whole of; "The liquid fills the container"
- 4. fill, take, occupy, work, do work
- usage: assume, as of positions or roles; "She took the job as director of development"; "he occupies the position of manager"; "the young prince will soon occupy the throne"
- 5. meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: fill or meet a want or need
- 6. fill, hire, engage, employ
- usage: appoint someone to (a position or a job)
- 7. fill up, fill, eat
- usage: eat until one is sated; "He filled up on turkey"
- 8. satiate, sate, replete, fill, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: fill to satisfaction; "I am sated"
- 9. fill, repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on
- usage: plug with a substance; "fill a cavity"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fill (Dictionary)