- 1. final, match
- usage: the final match between the winners of all previous matches in an elimination tournament
- 2. final examination, final exam, final, examination, exam, test
- usage: an examination administered at the end of an academic term
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. concluding, final, last, terminal, closing (vs. opening)
- usage: occurring at or forming an end or termination; "his concluding words came as a surprise"; "the final chapter"; "the last days of the dinosaurs"; "terminal leave"
- 2. final, last, net, ultimate (vs. proximate)
- usage: conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
- 3. final, last, unalterable (vs. alterable), inalterable
- usage: not to be altered or undone; "the judge's decision is final"; "the arbiter will have the last say"
All rights reserved.
See also: final (Dictionary)