WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fireman, play, child's play
- usage: play in which children pretend to put out a fire
- 2. stoker, fireman, laborer, manual laborer, labourer, jack
- usage: a laborer who tends fires (as on a coal-fired train or steamship)
- 3. reliever, relief pitcher, fireman, pitcher, hurler, twirler
- usage: a pitcher who does not start the game
- 4. fireman, firefighter, fire fighter, fire-eater, defender, guardian, protector, shielder
- usage: a member of a fire department who tries to extinguish fires
All rights reserved.
See also: fireman (Dictionary)