WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. firewall, drive, thrust, driving force
- usage: (colloquial) the application of maximum thrust; "he moved the throttle to the firewall"
- 2. firewall, security system
- usage: (computing) a security system consisting of a combination of hardware and software that limits the exposure of a computer or computer network to attack from crackers; commonly used on local area networks that are connected to the internet
- 3. firewall, wall
- usage: a fireproof (or fire-resistant) wall designed to prevent the spread of fire through a building or a vehicle
All rights reserved.
See also: firewall (Dictionary)