Synonyms of fixing
- 1. repair, fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation, improvement
- usage: the act of putting something in working order again
- 2. fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing, restraint, constraint
- usage: restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place
- 3. neutering, fixing, altering, sterilization, sterilisation
- usage: the sterilization of an animal; "they took him to the vet for neutering"
- 4. fixation, fixing, preservation
- usage: (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body
- 1. repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- 2. fasten, fix, secure, attach
- usage: cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- 3. specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- 4. cook, fix, ready, make, prepare, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- 5. pay back, pay off, get, fix, get even, get back
- usage: take vengeance on or get even; "We'll get them!"; "That'll fix him good!"; "This time I got him"
- 6. fix, establish, found, plant, constitute, institute
- usage: set or place definitely; "Let's fix the date for the party!"
- 7. fix, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for microscopic study
- 8. fixate, fix, attach
- usage: make fixed, stable or stationary; "let's fix the picture to the frame"
- 9. sterilize, sterilise, desex, unsex, desexualize, desexualise, fix, operate on, operate
- usage: make infertile; "in some countries, people with genetically transmissible disabilites are sterilized"
- 10. fix, influence, act upon, work
- usage: influence an event or its outcome by illegal means; "fix a race"
- 11. situate, fix, posit, deposit, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
- 12. fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set, change, alter, modify
- usage: make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fixing (Dictionary)