Synonyms of fizzle
- 1. hiss, hissing, hushing, fizzle, sibilation, noise
- usage: a fricative sound (especially as an expression of disapproval); "the performers could not be heard over the hissing of the audience"
- 2. flop, bust, fizzle, failure
- usage: a complete failure; "the play was a dismal flop"
- 1. taper off, peter out, fizzle out, fizzle, discontinue
- usage: end weakly; "The music just petered out--there was no proper ending"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fizzle (Dictionary)