- 1. flagellate, flagellate protozoan, flagellated protozoan, mastigophoran, mastigophore, protozoan, protozoon
- usage: a usually nonphotosynthetic free-living protozoan with whiplike appendages; some are pathogens of humans and other animals
- 1. flagellate, scourge, flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce
- usage: whip; "The religious fanatics flagellated themselves"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flagellate, flagellated, whiplike, lash-like
- usage: having or resembling a lash or whip (as does a flagellum)
All rights reserved.
See also: flagellate (Dictionary)