Synonyms of flat
- 1. flat, plain, field, champaign
- usage: a level tract of land; "the salt flats of Utah"
- 2. flat, box
- usage: a shallow box in which seedlings are started
- 3. flat, musical notation
- usage: a musical notation indicating one half step lower than the note named
- 4. flatcar, flatbed, flat, freight car
- usage: freight car without permanent sides or roof
- 5. flat, flat tire, pneumatic tire, pneumatic tyre
- usage: a deflated pneumatic tire
- 6. flat, scenery, scene
- usage: scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting
- 7. apartment, flat, housing, lodging, living accommodations
- usage: a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
- 1. flat, level, plane, even (vs. uneven)
- usage: having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another; "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"; "skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
- 2. flat, planar (vs. cubic) (vs. linear), two-dimensional
- usage: having a relatively broad surface in relation to depth or thickness; "flat computer monitors"
- 3. categoric, categorical, flat, unconditional, unqualified (vs. qualified)
- usage: not modified or restricted by reservations; "a categorical denial"; "a flat refusal"
- 4. flat, prostrate, unerect (vs. erect)
- usage: stretched out and lying at full length along the ground; "found himself lying flat on the floor"
- 5. flat (vs. contrasty)
- usage: lacking contrast or shading between tones
- 6. flat (vs. natural) (vs. sharp)
- usage: (of a musical note) lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone; "B flat"
- 7. compressed, flat, thin (vs. thick)
- usage: flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
- 8. bland, flat, flavorless, flavourless, insipid, savorless, savourless, vapid, tasteless (vs. tasty)
- usage: lacking taste or flavor or tang; "a bland diet"; "insipid hospital food"; "flavorless supermarket tomatoes"; "vapid beer"; "vapid tea"
- 9. bland, flat, unstimulating (vs. stimulating), unexciting
- usage: lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting; "a bland little drama"; "a flat joke"
- 10. flat, noneffervescent (vs. effervescent)
- usage: having lost effervescence; "flat beer"; "a flat cola"
- 11. flat, monotone, monotonic, monotonous, unmodulated (vs. modulated)
- usage: sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch; "the owl's faint monotonous hooting"
- 12. flat, horizontal (vs. vertical) (vs. inclined)
- usage: horizontally level; "a flat roof"
- 13. two-dimensional, 2-dimensional, flat, multidimensional (vs. unidimensional)
- usage: lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth; "a film with two-dimensional characters"; "a flat two-dimensional painting"
- 14. flat, mat, matt, matte, matted, dull (vs. bright)
- usage: not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
- 15. flat, inactive (vs. active)
- usage: commercially inactive; "flat sales for the month"; "prices remained flat"; "a flat market"
- 1. flat
- usage: with flat sails; "sail flat against the wind"
- 2. directly, flat, straight
- usage: in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly; "he didn't answer directly"; "told me straight out"; "came out flat for less work and more pay"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of flat (Dictionary)