- 1. fledge, rear, raise, bring up, nurture, parent
- usage: feed, care for, and rear young birds for flight
- 2. fledge, flight, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with feathers; "fledge an arrow"
- 3. fledge, feather, grow, develop, produce, get, acquire
- usage: grow feathers; "The young sparrows are fledging already"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fledged (vs. unfledged), mature, fledgling(prenominal), fledgeling(prenominal), full-fledged, fully fledged
- usage: (of birds) having developed feathers or plumage; often used in combination
- 2. fledged, vaned, feathered (vs. unfeathered)
- usage: (of an arrow) equipped with feathers
All rights reserved.
See also: fledged (Dictionary)