- 1. newcomer, fledgling, fledgeling, starter, neophyte, freshman, newbie, entrant, novice, beginner, tyro, tiro, initiate
- usage: any new participant in some activity
- 2. fledgling, fledgeling, young bird
- usage: young bird that has just fledged or become capable of flying
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fledgling(prenominal), fledgeling(prenominal), fledged (vs. unfledged), mature
- usage: (of a young bird) having acquired its flight feathers; "a fledgling robin"
- 2. fledgling, unfledged, callow, inexperienced (vs. experienced), inexperient
- usage: young and inexperienced; "a fledgling enterprise"; "a fledgling skier"; "an unfledged lawyer"
All rights reserved.
See also: fledgling (Dictionary)