- 1. flit, flutter, fleet, dart, travel rapidly, speed, hurry, zip
- usage: move along rapidly and lightly; skim or dart; "The hummingbird flitted among the branches"
- 2. evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: disappear gradually; "The pain eventually passed off"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fleeting, fugitive, momentaneous, momentary, short (vs. long)
- usage: lasting for a markedly brief time; "a fleeting glance"; "fugitive hours"; "rapid momentaneous association of things that meet and pass"; "a momentary glimpse"
All rights reserved.
See also: fleeting (Dictionary)