- 1. flint, silica, silicon oxide, silicon dioxide
- usage: a hard kind of stone; a form of silica more opaque than chalcedony
- 2. Flint, Flint River
- usage: a river in western Georgia that flows generally south to join the Chattahoochee River at the Florida border where they form the Apalachicola River
- 3. Flint
- usage: a city in southeast central Michigan near Detroit; automobile manufacturing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flinty, flint, granitic, obdurate, stony, hardhearted (vs. softhearted), heartless
- usage: showing unfeeling resistance to tender feelings; "his flinty gaze"; "the child's misery would move even the most obdurate heart"
All rights reserved.
See also: flint (Dictionary)