Synonyms of flop
- 1. floating-point operation, flop, computer operation, machine operation
- usage: an arithmetic operation performed on floating-point numbers; "this computer can perform a million flops per second"
- 2. flop, dud, washout, failure, loser, nonstarter, unsuccessful person
- usage: someone who is unsuccessful
- 3. flop, bust, fizzle, failure
- usage: a complete failure; "the play was a dismal flop"
- 4. flop, collapse, descent
- usage: the act of throwing yourself down; "he landed on the bed with a great flop"
- 1. flop, collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder
- usage: fall loosely; "He flopped into a chair"
- 2. flop, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: fall suddenly and abruptly
- 3. fall through, fall flat, founder, flop, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: fail utterly; collapse; "The project foundered"
- 1. flop
- usage: with a flopping sound; "he tumbled flop into the mud"
- 2. right, flop
- usage: exactly; "he fell flop on his face"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of flop (Dictionary)