Synonyms of flow
- 1. flow, flowing, change of location, travel
- usage: the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases)
- 2. flow, flow rate, rate of flow, rate
- usage: the amount of fluid that flows in a given time
- 3. flow, stream, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression
- 4. flow, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: any uninterrupted stream or discharge
- 5. stream, flow, motion
- usage: something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously; "a stream of people emptied from the terminal"; "the museum had planned carefully for the flow of visitors"
- 6. stream, flow, current, course, line
- usage: dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas; "two streams of development run through American history"; "stream of consciousness"; "the flow of thought"; "the current of history"
- 7. menstruation, menses, menstruum, catamenia, period, flow, discharge, emission, expelling
- usage: the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause; "the women were sickly and subject to excessive menstruation"; "a woman does not take the gout unless her menses be stopped"--Hippocrates; "the semen begins to appear in males and to be emitted at the same time of life that the catamenia begin to flow in females"--Aristotle
- 1. flow, flux, move
- usage: move or progress freely as if in a stream; "The crowd flowed out of the stadium"
- 2. run, flow, feed, course, move
- usage: move along, of liquids; "Water flowed into the cave"; "the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
- 3. flow
- usage: cause to flow; "The artist flowed the washes on the paper"
- 4. flow, exist, be
- usage: be abundantly present; "The champagne flowed at the wedding"
- 5. hang, fall, flow
- usage: fall or flow in a certain way; "This dress hangs well"; "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
- 6. flow, flood
- usage: cover or swamp with water
- 7. menstruate, flow, shed blood, bleed, hemorrhage
- usage: undergo menstruation; "She started menstruating at the age of 11"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of flow (Dictionary)