WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flyblown, maggoty, stale (vs. fresh)
- usage: spoiled and covered with eggs and larvae of flies; "flyblown meat"; "a sack of maggoty apricots"
- 2. flyblown, squalid, sordid, dirty (vs. clean), soiled, unclean
- usage: foul and run-down and repulsive; "a flyblown bar on the edge of town"; "a squalid overcrowded apartment in the poorest part of town"; "squalid living conditions"; "sordid shantytowns"
- 3. flyblown, blemished (vs. unblemished)
- usage: especially of reputation; "a flyblown reputation"
All rights reserved.
See also: flyblown (Dictionary)