Synonyms of focus
- 1. focus, focusing, focussing, focal point, direction, centering, concentration, engrossment, absorption, immersion
- usage: the concentration of attention or energy on something; "the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology"; "he had no direction in his life"
- 2. focus, distinctness, sharpness
- usage: maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system; "in focus"; "out of focus"
- 3. focus, clarity, lucidity, lucidness, pellucidity, clearness, limpidity
- usage: maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea; "the controversy brought clearly into focus an important difference of opinion"
- 4. focus, focal point, nidus, point
- usage: a central point or locus of an infection in an organism; "the focus of infection"
- 5. stress, focus, emphasis, accent
- usage: special emphasis attached to something; "the stress was more on accuracy than on speed"
- 6. focus, focal point, point
- usage: a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
- 7. focus, point
- usage: a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
- 1. concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
- 2. focus, sharpen
- usage: cause to converge on or toward a central point; "Focus the light on this image"
- 3. concenter, concentre, focalize, focalise, focus, align, aline, line up, adjust
- usage: bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions
- 4. focus, focalize, focalise, adjust, conform, adapt
- usage: become focussed or come into focus; "The light focused"
- 5. focus, focalize, focalise, sharpen, adjust, set, correct
- usage: put (an image) into focus; "Please focus the image; we cannot enjoy the movie"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of focus (Dictionary)