Synonyms of foliated
- 1. foliate, forge, hammer
- usage: hammer into thin flat foils; "foliate metal"
- 2. foliate, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with leaves
- 3. foliate, coat, surface
- usage: coat or back with metal foil; "foliate glass"
- 4. foliate, paginate, page, number
- usage: number the pages of a book or manuscript
- 5. foliate, develop, make grow
- usage: grow leaves; "the tree foliated in Spring"
- 1. foliate, foliated
- usage: ornamented with foliage or foils; "foliate tracery"; "a foliated capital"
- 2. foliate, foliated, foliaceous, stratified (vs. unstratified), bedded
- usage: (especially of metamorphic rock) having thin leaflike layers or strata
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of foliated (Dictionary)