- 1. foot, human foot, pes, vertebrate foot, pedal extremity
- usage: the part of the leg of a human being below the ankle joint; "his bare feet projected from his trousers"; "armored from head to foot"
- 2. foot, ft, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard; "he is six feet tall"
- 3. foot, bottom
- usage: the lower part of anything; "curled up on the foot of the bed"; "the foot of the page"; "the foot of the list"; "the foot of the mountain"
- 4. animal foot, foot, vertebrate foot, pedal extremity
- usage: the pedal extremity of vertebrates other than human beings
- 5. foundation, base, fundament, foot, groundwork, substructure, understructure, support
- usage: lowest support of a structure; "it was built on a base of solid rock"; "he stood at the foot of the tower"
- 6. foot, invertebrate foot, organ
- usage: any of various organs of locomotion or attachment in invertebrates
- 7. foot, walk
- usage: travel by walking; "he followed on foot"; "the swiftest of foot"
- 8. foot, secret agent, intelligence officer, intelligence agent, operative
- usage: a member of a surveillance team who works on foot or rides as a passenger
- 9. infantry, foot, army unit
- usage: an army unit consisting of soldiers who fight on foot; "there came ten thousand horsemen and as many fully-armed foot"
- 10. metrical foot, foot, metrical unit, meter, metre, measure, beat, cadence
- usage: (prosody) a group of 2 or 3 syllables forming the basic unit of poetic rhythm
- 11. foot, support
- usage: a support resembling a pedal extremity; "one foot of the chair was on the carpet"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foot, pick, pay
- usage: pay for something; "pick up the tab"; "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"; "foot the bill"
- 2. foot, leg it, hoof, hoof it, walk
- usage: walk; "let's hoof it to the disco"
- 3. foot, foot up, add, add together
- usage: add a column of numbers
All rights reserved.
See also: foot (Dictionary)