- 1. footing, terms, status, position
- usage: status with respect to the relations between people or groups; "on good terms with her in-laws"; "on a friendly footing"
- 2. footing, basis, ground, foundation
- usage: a relation that provides the foundation for something; "they were on a friendly footing"; "he worked on an interim basis"
- 3. foothold, footing, support
- usage: a place providing support for the foot in standing or climbing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foot, pick, pay
- usage: pay for something; "pick up the tab"; "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"; "foot the bill"
- 2. foot, leg it, hoof, hoof it, walk
- usage: walk; "let's hoof it to the disco"
- 3. foot, foot up, add, add together
- usage: add a column of numbers
All rights reserved.
See also: footing (Dictionary)