Synonyms of force out
- 1. force out, force-out, force play, force, putout
- usage: a putout of a base runner who is required to run; the putout is accomplished by holding the ball while touching the base to which the runner must advance before the runner reaches that base; "the shortstop got the runner at second on a force"
- 1. depose, force out, oust, throw out, drum out, boot out, kick out, expel
- usage: force to leave (an office)
- 2. displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate, remove
- usage: terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
- 3. rout out, drive out, force out, rouse, move, displace
- usage: force or drive out; "The police routed them out of bed at 2 A.M."
- 4. force out, crowd out, displace
- usage: press, force, or thrust out of a small space; "The weeds crowded out the flowers"
- 5. evict, force out, eject, chuck out, exclude, turf out, boot out, turn out
- usage: expel from one's property or force to move out by a legal process; "The landlord evicted the tenants after they had not paid the rent for four months"
- 6. squirt, force out, squeeze out, eject, discharge
- usage: cause to come out in a squirt; "the boy squirted water at his little sister"
- 7. gouge, force out, mutilate, mar
- usage: force with the thumb; "gouge out his eyes"
- 8. force out, emit, breathe, pass off
- usage: emit or cause to move with force of effort; "force out the air"; "force out the splinter"
All rights reserved.