- 1. prognosis, forecast, prediction, foretelling, forecasting, prognostication
- usage: a prediction about how something (as the weather) will develop
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. forecast, calculate, predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise
- usage: predict in advance
- 2. calculate, estimate, reckon, count on, figure, forecast, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: judge to be probable
- 3. bode, portend, auspicate, prognosticate, omen, presage, betoken, foreshadow, augur, foretell, prefigure, forecast, predict, bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal
- usage: indicate by signs; "These signs bode bad news"
All rights reserved.
See also: forecast (Dictionary)