- 1. first, foremost, world-class, best (vs. worst)
- usage: ranking above all others; "was first in her class"; "the foremost figure among marine artists"; "the top graduate"
- 2. foremost, frontmost, front(prenominal) (vs. back)
- usage: preceding all others in spatial position; "the foremost compartment of the ship"
- 3. foremost, fore(prenominal) (vs. aft)
- usage: situated closest to the bow; "the foremost compartment of the ship"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. foremost, first
- usage: prominently forward; "he put his best foot foremost"
- 2. first, firstly, foremost, first of all, first off
- usage: before anything else; "first we must consider the garter snake"
All rights reserved.
See also: foremost (Dictionary)