Synonyms of forfeit
- 1. forfeit, forfeiture, loss
- usage: something that is lost or surrendered as a penalty;
- 2. forfeit, forfeiture, penalty
- usage: a penalty for a fault or mistake that involves losing or giving up something; "the contract specified forfeits if the work was not completed on time"
- 3. forfeit, forfeiture, sacrifice, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.
- 1. forfeit, give up, throw overboard, waive, forgo, forego, abandon
- usage: lose (s.th.) or lose the right to (s.th.) by some error, offense, or crime; "you've forfeited your right to name your successor"; "forfeited property"
- 1. confiscate, forfeit, forfeited, lost (vs. won)
- usage: surrendered as a penalty
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of forfeit (Dictionary)