Synonyms of forged
- 1. forge, hammer, beat
- usage: create by hammering; "hammer the silver into a bowl"; "forge a pair of tongues"
- 2. forge, fake, counterfeit, re-create
- usage: make a copy of with the intent to deceive; "he faked the signature"; "they counterfeited dollar bills"; "She forged a Green Card"
- 3. invent, contrive, devise, excogitate, formulate, forge, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort; "excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
- 4. forge, advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on
- usage: move ahead steadily; "He forged ahead"
- 5. forge, spurt, spirt, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move or act with a sudden increase in speed or energy
- 6. shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- 7. fashion, forge, make
- usage: make out of components (often in an improvising manner); "She fashioned a tent out of a sheet and a few sticks"
- 1. bad, forged, counterfeit (vs. genuine), imitative
- usage: reproduced fraudulently; "like a bad penny..."; "a forged twenty dollar bill"
All rights reserved.