- 1. fork, cutlery, eating utensil
- usage: cutlery used for serving and eating food
- 2. branching, ramification, fork, forking, division
- usage: the act of branching out or dividing into branches
- 3. fork, crotch, branch, leg, ramification
- usage: the region of the angle formed by the junction of two branches; "they took the south fork"; "he climbed into the crotch of a tree"
- 4. fork, tool
- usage: an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging; has a handle and metal prongs
- 5. crotch, fork, angle
- usage: the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pitchfork, fork, lift
- usage: lift with a pitchfork; "pitchfork hay"
- 2. fork, attack, aggress
- usage: place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces
- 3. branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate, diverge
- usage: divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
- 4. fork, shape, form
- usage: shape like a fork; "She forked her fingers"
All rights reserved.
See also: fork (Dictionary)