- 1. forte, strong suit, long suit, metier, specialty, speciality, strong point, strength, asset, plus
- usage: an asset of special worth or utility; "cooking is his forte"
- 2. forte, fortissimo, volume, loudness, intensity
- usage: (music) loud
- 3. forte, part, portion
- usage: the stronger part of a sword blade between the hilt and the foible
- 1. forte (vs. piano), loud, fortemente, fortissimo
- usage: used chiefly as a direction or description in music; "the forte passages in the composition"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. forte, loudly
- usage: used as a direction in music; to be played relatively loudly
All rights reserved.
See also: forte (Dictionary)