- 1. Forth, Forth River
- usage: a river in southern Scotland that flows eastward to the Firth of Forth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. away, off, forth
- usage: from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete); "ran away from the lion"; "wanted to get away from there"; "sent the children away to boarding school"; "the teacher waved the children away from the dead animal"; "went off to school"; "they drove off"; "go forth and preach"
- 2. forth, forward, onward
- usage: forward in time or order or degree; "from that time forth"; "from the sixth century onward"
- 3. forth
- usage: out into view; "came forth from the crowd"; "put my ideas forth"
All rights reserved.
See also: forth (Dictionary)