- 1. forward, basketball player, basketeer, cager
- usage: the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey
- 2. forward, position
- usage: a position on a basketball, soccer, or hockey team
- 1. forward, send on, transport, send, ship
- usage: send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit; "forward my mail"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. forward, forwards, frontward, frontwards, forrad, forrard
- usage: at or to or toward the front; "he faced forward"; "step forward"; "she practiced sewing backward as well as frontward on her new sewing machine"; (`forrad' and `forrard' are dialectal variations)
- 2. ahead, onward, onwards, forward, forwards, forrader
- usage: in a forward direction; "go ahead"; "the train moved ahead slowly"; "the boat lurched ahead"; "moved onward into the forest"; "they went slowly forward in the mud"
All rights reserved.
See also: forwards (Dictionary)