WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pit, fossa, concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature, cavity, bodily cavity, cavum
- usage: a concavity in a surface (especially an anatomical depression)
- 2. Fossa, genus Fossa, mammal genus
- usage: monotypic genus of Madagascar civets closely related to palm civets
- 3. fossa, fossa cat, Cryptoprocta ferox, viverrine, viverrine mammal
- usage: largest carnivore of Madagascar; intermediate in some respects between cats and civets
All rights reserved.
See also: fossa (Dictionary)