WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fractious, refractory, recalcitrant, disobedient (vs. obedient)
- usage: stubbornly resistant to authority or control; "a fractious animal that would not submit to the harness"; "a refractory child"
- 2. cranky, fractious, irritable, nettlesome, peevish, peckish, pettish, petulant, scratchy, testy, tetchy, techy, ill-natured (vs. good-natured)
- usage: easily irritated or annoyed; "an incorrigibly fractious young man"; "not the least nettlesome of his countrymen"
- 3. fractious, difficult (vs. easy), hard
- usage: unpredictably difficult in operation; likely to be troublesome; "rockets were much too fractious to be tested near thickly populated areas"; "fractious components of a communication system"
All rights reserved.
See also: fractious (Dictionary)