WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Franklin, John Hope Franklin
- usage: United States historian noted for studies of Black American history (born in 1915)
- 2. Franklin, Benjamin Franklin
- usage: printer whose success as an author led him to take up politics; he helped draw up the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution; he played a major role in the American Revolution and negotiated French support for the colonists; as a scientist he is remembered particularly for his research in electricity (1706-1790)
- 3. franklin, landowner, landholder, property owner
- usage: a landowner (14th and 15th centuries) who was free but not of noble birth
All rights reserved.
See also: franklin (Dictionary)