WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. friend, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person you know well and regard with affection and trust; "he was my best friend at the university"
- 2. ally, friend, associate
- usage: an associate who provides cooperation or assistance; "he's a good ally in fight"
- 3. acquaintance, friend, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person with whom you are acquainted; "I have trouble remembering the names of all my acquaintances"; "we are friends of the family"
- 4. supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
- 5. Friend, Quaker, Christian
- usage: a member of the Religious Society of Friends founded by George Fox (the Friends have never called themselves Quakers)
All rights reserved.
See also: friend (Dictionary)