Synonyms of frightening
- 1. terrorization, terrorisation, frightening, bullying, intimidation
- usage: the act of inspiring with fear
- 1. frighten, fright, scare, affright, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: cause fear in; "The stranger who hangs around the building frightens me"; "Ghosts could never affright her"
- 2. frighten, chase away, drive out, turn back, drive away, dispel, drive off, run off
- usage: drive out by frightening
- 1. awful, dire, direful, dread(prenominal), dreaded, dreadful, fearful, fearsome, frightening, horrendous, horrific, terrible, alarming (vs. unalarming)
- usage: causing fear or dread or terror; "the awful war"; "an awful risk"; "dire news"; "a career or vengeance so direful that London was shocked"; "the dread presence of the headmaster"; "polio is no longer the dreaded disease it once was"; "a dreadful storm"; "a fearful howling"; "horrendous explosions shook the city"; "a terrible curse"
All rights reserved.