Synonyms of frightful
- 1. atrocious, frightful, horrifying, horrible, ugly, alarming (vs. unalarming)
- usage: provoking horror; "an atrocious automobile accident"; "a frightful crime of decapitation"; "an alarming, even horrifying, picture"; "war is beyond all words horrible"- Winston Churchill; "an ugly wound"
- 2. frightful, terrible, awful, tremendous, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: extreme in degree or extent or amount or impact; "in a frightful hurry"; "spent a frightful amount of money"
- 3. fearful, frightful, bad (vs. good)
- usage: extremely distressing; "fearful slum conditions"; "a frightful mistake"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of frightful (Dictionary)