WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fugue, psychogenic fugue, dissociative disorder
- usage: dissociative disorder in which a person forgets who they are and leaves home to creates a new life; during the fugue there is no memory of the former life; after recovering there is no memory for events during the dissociative state
- 2. fugue, psychological state, psychological condition, mental state, mental condition
- usage: a dreamlike state of altered consciousness that may last for hours or days
- 3. fugue, classical music, classical, serious music
- usage: a musical form consisting of a theme repeated a fifth above or a fourth below its first statement
All rights reserved.
See also: fugue (Dictionary)